One of the best ways to sell your home in Yardley or Washington Crossing is to open your home to many prospective buyers at once through an open house. An open house is the perfect opportunity for potential buyers to stroll throughout your home at their own leisurely pace â€“ which encourages them to place on offer on the home theyâ€™ve been looking for. The question is, how do you entice those who walk into your home for an open house to place that offer?
A simple checklist of different things that should be done to prepare your home for a successful open house should consist of the following:
* Wash all windows â€“ no one wants to see smudges on your windows from fingers or noses if you have a pet.
* If it is a sunny day, be sure to leave your window blinds and/or curtains open to let the natural light in.
* Two or three days before the open house, shampoo your carpets to leave a lasting freshness throughout your home.
* Make all of the beds and be sure your laundry is put away.
* Pick up any toys or scattered things throughout your home and put them away.
* If you have a front porch or deck, sweep away any debris.
* In the kitchen, clean your counters and stovetop. Wipe down the refrigerator handles and place a fresh bouquet of flowers or a fruit basket on the table.
* Clean the bathroom and sweep and mop all floors.
Ensuring your home looks itâ€™s best is key to selling quickly! If you are considering selling your Yardley, Doylestown or Washington Crossing home, call me today at 215-519-1399 or email Marty@MartinMillner.com