Let's sayÂ you've been in your home for several years now and thinking of selling it. Or maybe you just want to give it a makeover. Here are a few simple tips that will make your home stand out like a star.Tidy House
A tidy house in and out automatically will put a fresh face on your home. Here's how to tidy up your house:
- Keep the outside weeded, clipped and pruned. Remove dead vegetation.
- De-clutter your home by discarding or donating items that have no use anymore and detract from the architectural bones of the home.Â
Landscaping doesn't have to be expensive. Here's how you can pretty up your home on a shoestring:
Interior of House
- Keep your lawn edged for that manicured look. Trim your shrubs regularly. Remove dead vegetation. This will enhance your curb appeal dramatically.
- Bring some color to the front of the home by planting some bedding flowers, like impatients or marigolds. They can often be found at places like Home Depot for $1.99 a six-pack on sale. I just did the whole front of my home for $20.00!Â
- A well thought-out landscape plan that compliments the architecture of a home. Example: Don't use cactus and succulents in the front of an English Tudor. These are more suitable for a Mediterranean. Buy smaller shrubs and let them grow rather than buying larger size ones that can be quite more expensive.
- A front door says more about you than anything else. Keep it tidy! Try putting a colorful planter full of inexpensive flowers there.
Now that we've taken care of the outside, let's pay close attention to the inside of your residence.
- A can of paint can add thousands of dollars to your home's value by giving the interior a fresh clean and updated look. For $10.00 a can, it is the number one item that will add value to your home.
- Keep a clean home. Make sure your kitchen is spotless and your bathrooms are free from mold.
- Keep a tidy home. Get rid of knick-knacks that clutter the look of your home and give it that sloppy tacky look. Nothing is worse than letting potential buyers be distracted by all your Disney collections. They want to envision a spacious home so that they may paint their own vision. Straighten your book shelves. Level your art on the walls.
- Regarding closets and garages: If you haven't used it in a year, toss it.Â You can't take it with you to the other side.
Motto of the Day: Less is More. Keep it Clean. Keep it Tidy.
If you're stuck or looking for ideas to bring the value or your house up, feel free to contact me. I would be happy to help out.