When you sell your home in Palo Alto one of the things you want to make sure of is that otherÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentsÂ will show your home. this is important because while many buyers will find your home on the internet, they will almost always be using aÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentÂ to help them make the offer, so you will want to make sure other Palo Alto Real Estate Agents enthusiastically want to show the Palo Alto home you are selling. The last thing you want is to have aÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentÂ bad mouthing the Palo Alto home you are selling.
Here are some simple steps you can take to keep everyone feeling your home is a great one to have their client try to buy.
1. When you interviewÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentsÂ be gracious and smile, even if you can not stand the Palo Alto Real Estate agent in front of you. You may not hire this person, but he/she may end up having the buyer for your home, or know another agent who does.
2. Pick an agent who has a good reputation in the community and who never, or only rarely double ends a property. (represents the buyer and the seller on the same home) The reason for staying clear of agents who double end properties is because other agents will feel it is a waste of time to present and offer on a home when the listing agent will have the inside track on getting an offer accepted.
3. If you interview multipleÂ Palo Alto real estate agentsÂ try to make the ones who you do not choose feel as if it is not their fault. Tell them you found someone you feel is a better fit for you, not that the agent is mean, incompetent, or smells bad.
4. When yourÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentÂ has a broker's house for other agents make sure he/she has catered food, a drawing, or coffee cart to make otherÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentsÂ anxious to visit your home.
5. YourÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentÂ will put a disclosure package together to give to other agents who have interested clients. Make sure your agent has a way to get these to otherÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentsÂ easily. They should either email or have an online site where the disclosures can be accessed. It is annoying to have to pick up a disclosure package at your realtor's office, so verify that your agent can deal with this electronically.
6. Be nice to agents when they call. If you are still living in your Palo Alto home when it is for saleÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentsÂ will call to let you know when they want to show your home to their client. Be nice and try to accommodate the schedule of the buyer. Obviously you do not need to let people in at 10 at night or 5 in the morning, but try to let them show on as short notice as possible.
This is not rocket science. If you want as manyÂ Palo Alto Real Estate AgentsÂ as possible to show your home and encourage their clients to make offers, be nice, let people come see your home as often as possible, and choose an agent with a good reputation in the real estate community.
Keller Williams Realty