Where I sell real estate there are numerous small towns abutting eachother over a relatively small number of square acres. Buyers looking for more suburban settings conveniently located within 30 minutes of Providence RI, Boston MA, and Worcester MAÂ may find it difficult to target their search with so many choices. At the same time each of the many communities has its own special qualities and identity.Â
I'd like in this format toÂ highlightÂ some of these communities by listingÂ what they offer their happy residents --Â starting first with Norfolk MA. If you are familiar with Norfolk MA and want to shareÂ your favorite qualitiesÂ of the town, please post and add to the list! (We'll pick another great town in the next blog post!)
NORFOLK (MA)Â IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE BECAUSE.....
1. It'sÂ on the commuter rail line with itsÂ own stop. (No one lives more than 10 minutes away from the town center and the train!)
2.Â Kingsbury pond offers a Huck Finn kind of fresh spring water swim!
3. Stoneybrook Audubon and Nature Preserve has fun camps, beautiful views, andÂ hikingÂ trails.
4. Communiity members young and old are actively involved in the town at town meetings, through community blogs, school committees, parades, speical interest clubs and of courseÂ so manyÂ are involved inÂ community day festivities and the traditional.... Haunted Train Ride through the woods.
5. Noroflk is espeicially family oriented with top notchÂ recreation programs and athletic leagues.
6.Â Norfolk'sÂ has a K-2 school and a 3-6 public school.Â Both achieve competive MCAS scores have extended day programs, a 14:1 student/teacher ratio,Â and offer cultural arts programs along with their academics.Â The Freeman Kennedy School (gr.3-6) isÂ opening its brand new doors this September! Check it out!
7.Â Â Â Jane and Paul's... The BEST corn in the world without a doubt!
8.Â Lots of horse properties for that great country feeling!
9. Â Home pricesÂ average within anÂ amazing value range of $300K - $600K for 4 bedrooms, 2500 sq.ft. on over an acre.
10. Norfolk enjoys all the benefits of a small bedroom communityÂ next door toÂ other great towns with more economic development for practical convenience!