Welcome to the Results.net City and Neighborhood Film Festival
We want to know what you like about your city or neighborhood. What makes it great? What makes it tick? Show us the heart and feel of your city or neighborhood. Use comedy, drama, documentary or whatever format you desire, but the very most important thing â€“ be creative!
However, creativity does not mean putting down any other city or neighborhood, any company or business or any person, group of people, race or religion. Any entry that includes this type of content will be thrown out immediately.
Send us a video (using one of the three methods described below) of a length less than three minutes. Our judges will review all entries. There will be five adult judges that will select the winners of the top five entries as well as ten honorable mentions. Five judges aged 12 and under will select the best entry submitted by a contestant aged 12 and under.
Entries will be accepted between September 10th, 2010, and October 29th, 2010. We'll have an awards ceremony in early November at the Uptown Theater in Minneapolis. The exact date and time will be announced soon, so keep checking back to Results.net for additional information. Admission to this event is free so bring all of your friends and family, but seating is first come first serve.
Each winner of the top five videos and the best video entered by a contestant aged 12 and under will receive a beautiful Results.net City and Neighborhood Film Festival award, plus the following cash prizes:
- First place video: $2,000.00
- Second place video: $1,000.00
- Third place video: $500.00
- Fourth place video: $500.00
- Fifth place video: $500.00
- Best video entered by a contestant aged 12 and under: $500.00
At the awards ceremony we will have a big-screen viewing of all of the above winners as well as 10 honorable mentions. Come see your work on the big screen!
Rules and Requirements
Length: Submitted videos must be 3 minutes or less in length including all credits and opening titles
Content: Each video must contain the following elements:
- The City or Neighborhood featured must be in the 7-county metropolitan area of Minneapolis/St. Paul or Pierce or St. Croix Counties of Wisconsin.
- The first opening credit must contain the Results.net City and Neighborhood Film Festival Logo or must contain the phrase: "This video created for the RE/MAX Results Results.net City and Neighborhood Film Festival 2010".
- The closing credits must include a thank you page to the sponsors of this film festival. They are RE/MAX Results, Bell Mortgage, Home Title and HMS Home Warranty. If possible, include their logos within the thank you.
RE/MAX Results logo
Bell Mortgage logo
Home Title logo
HMS Home Warranty logo
- Each of the above credits must be on screen for at least 5 seconds.
Content Restrictions: No video entry will be considered if it contains any material (including language) that is unlawful, defamatory, threatening, obscene, racially offensive, or in any other way objectionable. We will also not include any video that puts down or makes fun of another City or Neighborhood, sponsor of the film festival or any of their competitors. Submission content must not serve to promote, advertise, or market any product or service. All submissions will be posted to a special playlist on the RE/MAX Results YouTube channel and as such your short film submission must also meet their Community Guidelines. RE/MAX Results reserves the right to reject any video submitted at RE/MAX Results' discretion. RE/MAX Results is not obligated to exhibit, display, distribute, or publish the short film.
Eligibility: Employees, Sales Executives or independent contractors of RE/MAX Results, Bell Mortgage, Home Title or HMS Warranty are not eligible to enter the Results.net City and Neighborhood Film Festival. Other than that, any individual or group can submit an entry. Obviously, only those individuals that are twelve years of age or less, or a group comprising only of individuals that are 12 years of age or less, can be considered for the 12 and under category.
Videos for the Results.net City and Neighborhood Film Festival must be submitted before October 29th in one of the following three ways:
Submission via YouTube: Upload your video submission to your own account on YouTube. All videos must be uploaded in 720p resolution or they will not be considered. Then send us an email containing a link to that video as well as a PDF of the registration form completely filled out and signed. Send your submission email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop off in person: You can drop off a DVD copy of your video submission at one of our offices listed below. All submissions dropped off in person must be received by 5pm on Friday, October 29th, 2010. Each submission should have a completely filled out and signed registration form and the DVD should be placed in a jewel case. Wrap the registration form around the jewel case and make sure it is either taped or rubber-banded in place so that we are sure to have the right registration form with the right DVD submission. You can drop off submissions between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday at one of the following locations:
- Apple Valley: 15451 Founders Lane, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Eden Prairie: 11200 West 78th Street, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Edina: 5201 Eden Avenue, Suite 100, Edina, MN 55436
- Plymouth: 2605 Campus Drive, Plymouth, MN 55441
- St. Paul Crocus Hill: 1071 Grand Avenue, Suite 102, Saint Paul, MN 55105
- St. Paul Highland Park: 2100 Ford Parkway, Suite 201, Saint Paul, MN 55116
- Wayzata: 125 Lake Street West, Wayzata, MN 55391
- Woodbury: 604 Bielenberg Drive, Suite 100, Woodbury, MN 55125
Mail your submission: You can mail a DVD copy of your video submission along with a completely filled out and signed registration form. One mailing envelope must contain both the DVD submission in a jewel case AND the registration form. All mailed submissions MUST BE RECEIVED on or before October 29th, 2010. Mail your submission to:
Results.net City and Neighborhood Film Festival
c/o RE/MAX Results
11200 West 78th Street
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Now go and have fun, be creative and tell us what is great about your city or neighborhood! We look forward to seeing your videos!