Itâ€™s the holidays!â€¦Welcome to bright lights, cheery faces, and enough holiday music and sugar cookies to last you all year long.
Little do you know that this IS the best time of year to buy real estateâ€¦yeah, this is Real Estateâ€™s best kept holiday secret!
Here are 5 reasons why the holidays are the BEST time of year to buy real estate:
1. Most buyers are taking the holiday season offâ€¦ they are too busy decorating, shopping, and cooking to think effectively and creatively about the biggest investment theyâ€™ll ever make in their lifetime. With most home buyers busy doing other thingsâ€¦that leaves the more serious buyers with a lot less competition during this season. The law of supply and demand says: If demand decreases and supply remains unchanged, then it leads to lower equilibrium price and quantity. (see Wikipediaâ€™s complete definition here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand)
2. Most sellers that didnâ€™t sell during the buying frenzy of the summer and fall 2011 will be more motivated to sell during the holiday season. They are nervous that they are not going to sell so they are more willing to negotiate with serious holiday season buyers.
3. Since most buyers are too busy shopping, eating, and decorating, most Real Estate Agents, Mortgage Loan Officers, and Inspectors have more time on their hands during this season. That means youâ€™ll be getting the utmost attention, quicker responses, and sellers agents will be more willing to negotiate lower offers (please noteâ€¦ your service with The Halle Group will never be below parâ€¦no matter how busy we get!!).
4. Interest rates could creep upâ€¦ who knows what they will be after the holiday season. Why do interest rates matter? Check out this video where Katie Halle explains how much of an impact interest rates have on your purchase:
5. Lenders could make changes to the qualification processâ€¦who knows what hoops youâ€™ll need to jump through after the first of the year. Secure a good mortgage and a great interest rate now before the unknown happens!
If you are serious about your investment then get a move on! Call Katie Halle at 602.476.1942 today. We are available throughout the holiday season. Happy Holidays from The Halle Group!