Home > Blogs > Georgia > Fulton County > Atlanta > Trulia Jumps into the Blogosphere?!

Joshua Jarvis - Georgia Realtor's Blog

By Joshua Jarvis | Agent in Duluth, GA

Trulia Jumps into the Blogosphere?!

I've always sat back and looked at Trulia and thought, "Awe, isn't that cute?!"  That is, until they showed that they understood that Realtor.com was doing absolutely NOTHING for consumers or Realtors and the Realtors really need to spend their time working on their business not understanding SEO secrets, which Trulia has obviously mastered.   Over the next 30 days or so I'll be testing out some theories to see how this Trulia blog holds up and how it effects the consumers and Realtors.

At the end, I will either drop Realtor.com advertising to join Trulia or discontinue my blogging efforts here.

Thanks for reading...

Comments

By Trulia Roger,  Thu Jul 24 2008, 12:51
Let's hope you stick around, and please be sure to let us know if you have any feedback, requests, etc. Welcome!
By Lee Taylor,  Tue Aug 26 2008, 12:18
Joshua,

I signed up for Trulia Pro at the beta and it is worth every penny. The way that I see it, Trulia has a superior GUI with a navigable, easy and deep collection of databases. As you and I both know, Truilia helps to leverage our businesses with free stuff, but the real leverage online is with properties for sale, right?

The only reason I've spent thousands with Realtor.com since 2004 is because I need a spinning red house and a gold box to highlight my listings. My Market Center now subscribes the whole agent base, so I don't have to think anymore about that expense. They are a big landing page for consumers, but I like Trulia's GUI better, and when I met Sami from Trulia last year in Austin, heard what they were up to and then saw the product, I was sold.

It took me until December 19 last year to get on Trulia Voices, but as far as having a remarkable "haven't met" lead generation program I really didn't have one until I started Q&A at Trulia Voices and began http://www.intowninsider.com on January 1, 2008.

Like I just told my Team Leader today, I can point to 8 transactions this year and a significant GCI that came from one primary source that validates who I am and what I do - Trulia Voices.

Signing up for Trulia Pro and seeing the remarkable activity results in just a short time is enough to make me forget about Realtor.com, but they are necessary. I'll just never, ever pay them $2500 in one year to be the "Zip Code CMA" expert, or pay them for any other "haven't met" lead generation gimmick that nets ZERO results. I did that in 2006 and wasted my money and my time.

You need to keep doing what you do on Trulia because you are a very insightful, passionate agent - keep on analyzing, but I'll bet that your theories will identify only good things about Trulia.

So far, so good from my perspective.
By Joshua Jarvis,  Tue Aug 26 2008, 13:22
Good news is coming down the road for Keller Williams agents, so we can have our cake and eat it too.

Thanks for the post.
By Cindy George,  Wed Aug 27 2008, 09:12
Since I am a rookie, I would love to see a follow-up to your post.....how is Trulia working out for you? I answered a couple of questions, and I appeared on page one of google search for "Cindy George" (briefly!).
By Trish Russo,  Thu Aug 28 2008, 20:11
So what's the Good News for Keller Williams. Now I'm curious.
By Joshua Jarvis,  Fri Aug 29 2008, 14:03
Trish,

Noticed you don't have a contact me button. I'd go in more detail about that but it's very specific to Keller Williams and then very specific just to Atlanta Realtors... for now. Stuff you can use, though.
By R. Fred Cope,  Sun Aug 31 2008, 11:11
I'm new to blogging, and I've only been reading & responding to Q&A on Trulia Voices for a few weeks; BUT I LOVE IT. Helping people is one of the strongest draws to the Real Estate Profession for me. Any suggestions, criticism is welcome.
By Mott Kornicki,  Mon Sep 1 2008, 18:35
So far, it seems that Trulia Blog is very impressive!
By Timothy M. Garrity,  Sat Jan 11 2014, 07:21
Very impressive, I've been using it for years.