You might love your furry friends, but are their pet odors turning off potential buyers when you are trying to sell your home?
Many cat and dog owners are around their animal companions so often
that they become immune to the smell and donâ€™t notice it in their home,
so you might not even realize that your home smells of pet odor.
However, when you are selling your property first impressions are
very important and if a potential buyer gets a whiff of pet odors when
they walk in the door this can really make them lose interest in your
Ask your real estate agent for an honest opinion. If they say that
you have a problem, here are some ways that you can freshen up your
house without getting rid of Fluffy or Fido.
- Air everything out. Open up all of the windows to let the fresh air
come in from outside and sweep away all stuffiness and smells.
- Wash the floors and the walls with vinegar, floor cleaner or an
odor-neutralizing cleaning product. You can find pet-specific cleaning
products at pet supply stores.
- Pet smells can seep into fabrics, so steam clean or dry clean your fabric drapes and upholstery.
- Washing blankets and bedding in a mix of laundry detergent and a
quarter cup of apple cider vinegar can help to remove the smells.
- Before showing off your home, have your carpets professionally
cleaned so that all of the deep-down dog hair and cat dander will be
- When potential buyers come over, you can place potpourri or scented
candles around the room in strategic locations. However, be careful that
you donâ€™t go overboard as some people are sensitive to strong perfumes.
- Keep your pet contained to one section of the house to make cleaning
easier and keep the rest of the house smelling fresh. If at all
possible, have your pet stay with a friend when the home is being shown.
With these tips, you should be able to present a fresh-smelling first
impression to anyone who comes to view your home. For more information
about selling your property, contact your trusted real estate
Click here to Search Parkland Homes
Click here to Search Coral Springs Homes
Click here to Find Out What your Home is Worth
View my listings at http://www.jonklein.com
Click here to search all Parkland Homes for sale