There are plenty of buyers for homes in Holliston, but there are also a number of homes for sale in Boston’s Metro West area! You want your home to sell quickly and for the best possible price. This takes a good understanding of the current real estate market and a well-planned marketing strategy. While I can help you there, your home also needs to appeal to today’s home buyers!
Here are 5 selling tips I’m passing along from 24/7 Wall Street, with my own take thrown in:
1. Curb appeal counts! You can’t replace a first impression. A well-maintained exterior, clean gutters, a healthy lawn and a good driveway announce a pride of ownership. If your home needs exterior repairs that are not financially feasible, then do what you can. Clear away outdoor clutter, cut down weeds, trim back shrubs, wash the windows.
2. Make sure the price is right! Your home means a lot to you, but the financial value is affected by recent sales in the area. It’s better to price your home right from the beginning, than to fish for a higher dollar and then end up knocking the price down. Homes that linger on the market lose buyer interest.
3. Have a green home? Not all buyers care about saving the earth. But if your home is “green” where energy-efficiency is concerned, they’ll care about saving money! If you have a high-efficiency furnace, energy-saving appliances, or utility-sparing windows, these can be good selling points.
4. Have some strong areas for web photo purposes. Good home photos help youronline curb appeal! As your experienced real estate professional, I’m fluent inonline real estate marketing. My relationships with the top real estate websites will work to your benefit!
5. Make your home move-in ready! You may be used to that dripping faucet, old water stain, or half-stuck window, but home buyers are picky nowadays. Also, bear in mind that home inspections and home appraisals could take points off for seemingly minor issues.
Above all, work with a seasoned real estate professional who knows the market! My 25 years of experience will walk you through the home selling process in Hopkinton, Holliston, Westborough, or Southborough. If you’re thinking of selling your home, or you just have a few questions, contact me! I’ll be happy to help you.
Hopkinton, MA Real Estate Expert
RE/MAX Executive Realty
Hopkinton Real Estate
View Hopkinton Listings
“Like” Me on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Connect with Me on LinkedIn