Finding the right Malibu real estate agent might just be the toughest challenge in your search for your Malibu dream home. Why? Well, the sad reality is that most agents don't really care about their clients and are only in the game for the commission. Some agents will do whatever it takes to close the deal just to get that pay check. Buying or selling a home in Malibu might just be the biggest personal investment in your life, therefore, it's is imperative to have the best Malibu real estate agent. Â Â
When moving to a new foreign place such as Malibu that is comprised of such diverse real estate that is very difficult to value from home to home it is essential to be working with the right agent to be guided through each step of the buying process. Here are 5 things you should look for in a Malibu real estate agent before choosing to work with them.
1) Knowledgeable. Your Malibu realtor should display excellent knowledge of all of the specific areas and communities within Malibu and of the real estate business. Knowledge is power.Â
2) Trustworthy. You're entrusting your biggest investment under the wings of your realtor's expertise and ability so it's absolutely essential this person is somebody you have 100% trust to execute and protect your rights as a home buyer.Â
3) Aggressive. You need to work with a Malibu real estate agent that will fight the good fight on your behalf and not just crumble to defeat in an intense negotiation. Â
4) Honesty. There are a lot of robot real estate agents that will tell you exactly what you want to hear, but that will only hinder your chances of getting what you want. Having a "say it like it is" realtor will save you LOTS of time.
5) Positive. Sometimes when things don't go your way in a bid for a property or even just trying to find the right property the last thing you need is for your realtor to dig your hole of depression deeper.Â
If you're buying a home in Malibu feel free to call JohnnyÂ Steindorff, your Malibu realtor.Â