Home > Blogs > Colorado > Denver County > Denver > On-line public relations service is a giant ripoff

Julie Montgomery's Blog

By Julie Montgomery | Agent in Denver, CO

On-line public relations service is a giant ripoff

Bad Customer Experience
This is an agent-to-agent blob about my disasterous experience with an on-line PR company called Vocus.com (formerly PRWeb).

My experience with vocus.com has been a disaster from Day 1. I contacted them August 2012 and purchased a package of two press releases per month. The "salesperson" also promised I would receive editorial assistance, SEO optimizaton, etc. I received NONE of those things.

After complaining for at least two ... See Moremonths, I was SOLD another package that guaranteed everything the first salespeson promised, but for an extra $1100. Call me stupid, but I believe it. They sent me a package of services that was exactly what I needed. Unfortunately, the salesperson (new one) didn't mention I only two hours of these services.

Finally, I've written six releases (no help from vocus.com) only to find that NONE of them have been distributed or "published." This company used to be PRWeb -- they were awesome. Vocus.com "claims" to be PRWeb -- they're not. They the biggest liars and ripoff artists ever. I've blown over $3,000 for ABSOLULETY nothing.

Comments

By Delaine Campbell,  Mon Jan 28 2013, 08:19
Thanks for the heads up
By Scott Miller - REALTORĀ®,  Mon Jan 28 2013, 08:57
Wow, that's terrible. I wouldn't use them either based on what you've written. Hope you're getting your money back from your credit card company.
By Julie Montgomery,  Mon Jan 28 2013, 11:17
Hi and thanks for your comments. I've been fighting with this company (aka, PRWeb.com) for six months with NO results. They are the worst ever ... I'm not to send the charges back through my credit card today.
By Stacey Acevero,  Mon Jan 28 2013, 14:24
Hi there Julie,
I just sent you an email that I think will clarify some of the issues you addressed here - I would love to help rectify this.
--Stacey Acevero, Social Media Manager at Vocus and PRWeb
By Julie Montgomery,  Mon Jan 28 2013, 14:58
Hi Stacy -- just responded to your email. I appreciate your offfer, but it's a little too late. I've been fighting with vocus.com for six months with NO results. I've been lied to since Day 1. Your services are totally mispresented by your salespeople. I've spent over $3,000 with vocus.com. I will continue telling the TRUTH about your company. Sorry.
By Rohit Tamala,  Sat Apr 13 2013, 18:28
Julie you are absolutely correct. We were sold a bill of goods in late December of 2012 and nothing to show for it. We were contacted once by our "consultant" as per the original agreement. But no actual press releases have gone out: EVER. We are working with Visa to get our money back. Similar complaints are echoed throughout the web. Just search for vocus scam, vocus complaints, vocus ripoff, and the like.
By Julie Montgomery,  Sun Apr 14 2013, 08:14
Hi everyone -- let me tell you what happened, and I did the EXACT same thing with realtor.com and trulia.com. In my experience, they are all horrible RIPOFFS. After months and months of fighting with all of these companies, talking and fighting with customer service, being ignored and told there's "nothing we can do," I posted my story directly on their Facebook pages. Literally, within 24 hours I received calls and today, I've negotiated full refunds from all of them. Vocus was about $1800, realtor.com -- $3,000 and trulia.com (the biggest ripoff of them all) $8400!!! This all happened with 48 hours of my Facebook complaints. Now spread the word that this is the ONLY way you'll ever get these ripoff companies to respond. Julie Montgomery, Greenwood Village, CO