Plan ahead for your open house to make it easier on you and your family.
- Ask family or friends to watch the younger kids for the weekend. There will be less stress on them and will help to keep the house neat and clean.Â
- Make reservations with a pet sitter or kennel. For the same reasons as above. Never leave your pets in the home during an open house. You don't want to take a chance that they might get out, and some people are allergic or even afraid of pets no matter how friendly they are.
- Schedule a contractor to come in to do the repairs that are needed or get out your toolbox and do them yourself. Your real estate agent will help you to make a list of what should be done.Â
- De-clutter. Don't just put everything in the closet, buyers will be looking in there too.
- Now that the grass is finally growing, don't mow the lawn the day of the open, do it a couple days before, you don't want to trigger any ones allergies.Â
- Schedule a carpet cleaner to come a few days before the open house.
- Schedule a cleaning service to come in the day before, or plan the day to do this yourself.
- Remove all valuables the day of the open house. Jewelery, piggy banks, and important papers with your personal information.Â
- Keep your personal products in a box so they can be easily removed the day of the open house. Never leave your medications in your home.Â
These are just a few tips, anyone else want to add to the list?