Things to Do in Arizona for January, with live updates for the most current activities out and about our state: "Things to Do" in Arizona for January10 Fun January Activities for the Whole Family
The weather outside may be chillyl, but it certainly doesnâ€™t mean you canâ€™t find ways to have fun! Here are 10 family-oriented ideas to undo the winter blues while youâ€™re waiting for Mother Nature to warm up.
1.Break out the board games. Put away the Smart phones and have some family fun and interaction. A great way to laugh and communicate.
2. Put together a puzzle. Dig out that 1,000-piece puzzle, spread it across the living room coffee table and dig in!
3. Build a fort. Pull out the extra linens, gather the leftover Christmas cardboard boxes and put together a fort that can hold the whole family.Â
4. Go for a hike:. The McDowell Mountain Preserve in Scottsdale has over 20 miles of trails for all skill levels.
5. Go to a Museum: Many choices here, Music Instrument Museum, Heard Museum, Phoenix Science Museum, Natural History Museum in Mesa, Arizona Historical Society Museum near the Phoenix Zoo.
6. Head to the Snow. Head north to Flagstaff or Show Low for a burst of exercise and a little competition. Snowballs, sledding and Snowmen. Be sure and set rules (and the consequences for not following them) ahead of time.
7. Get Crafty. Use white printing paper and show your kids how to make snowflakes. Or make homemade silly putty and let the kids be the masters of their own creations!
8. Watch a movie. After youâ€™ve exercised outdoors, head indoors for hot cocoa and a favorite movie.Â
9. Bake. Itâ€™s easy to keep the kids entertained when youâ€™re making chocolate chip cookies. Not only do they get to mix and roll ingredients, thereâ€™s a sweet reward at the end.
10. Look through old photo albums. A little nostalgia is a good thing! Take out old photo albums or old home videos and reminisce about the good oleâ€™ days!
Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA