The summertime months onÂ Chicagoâ€™s North ShoreÂ are some of the best. With so much diversity, culture and activity, residents know that there is always something for everyone. No matter whichÂ North Shore communityÂ you may live in, there are plenty of outdoor summertime activities for families throughout the area. From along the scenic lakefront in Winnetka and Evanston through the safe, welcoming communities of Highland Park, Glenview, Lake Forest and Lincolnshire, families flock to purchaseÂ North Shore real estate. As an experiencedÂ North Shore Realtor, I can attest to the areaâ€™s gold standard of living â€“ FromÂ award-winning schoolsÂ and safe communities to plenty of options for dining, shopping and entertainment, many homebuyers have utilized my professional experience and local expertise to find theÂ North Shore communityÂ just right for them.Â
BecauseÂ Chicagoâ€™s North ShoreÂ is so popular with families, I wanted to take the opportunity to highlight some perfect local summertime activities for those with children of all ages. Here are some great ideas for enjoying the warm weather and bright sunshine outside with the kids!Â
- Fly High on the Trapezes at The Flying Gaonas Gym. A perfect way to get out of the house, be active and get that thrill-seeking adrenaline rush, this trapeze and circus arts school in Winnetkaâ€™s Hubbard Woods Park is ideal for kids searching for adventure. Offering a variety of classes, from first-time trapeze sessions to intermediate lessons, this unique experience is sure to be a memorable one!Â Find out more about The Flying Gaonas Gym by clicking here.
- Spend a Day at the Chicago Botanic Garden. Thereâ€™s a reason that the Chicago Botanic Garden is well-known not just throughout the North Shore, but through all of Illinois. Beautiful displays of flowers, foliage and plants light up miles of gardens and walking trails with bold colors and photo opportunities at every turn. The Chicago Botanic Garden also offers many special events and exhibitions, which you can discover byÂ visiting their website.
- Pack a Picnic and Head to Ravinia. Located in Highland Park, Ravinia is a beautiful outdoor theatre that pushes appreciation of art and community. Whether you plan to bring the kids to see a special concert or simply soak up local music by a variety of artists, be sure to pack a picnic. Ravinia features all outdoor seating on its expansive lawn and bringing your own food, beverages, blankets and games to enjoy while listening to that dayâ€™s scheduled artist(s) is encouraged.Â See who is scheduled to perform by checking out their website.Â
- Explore the Picturesque Skokie Lagoons.Â Overlapping from Glencoe into Winnetka, this expansive nature preserve is a relaxing spot to walk, bike, fish, boat and bird-watch. Seven inter-connected lagoons provide ample scenic beauty while two bike paths wind around the bodies of water. Because the lagoons are shallow, typically 10 feet deep or less, canoes, kayaks and rowboats are available to rent and enjoy. Find out more from theÂ Cook County Forest Preserve District.Â
- Discover The Groveâ€™s Wetlands and Nature Museum. The Grove is a well-known area of land preserved in the village of Glenview. Encompassing 123 acres, there are miles of walking trails that are meticulously preserved by the Park District. The nature museum is home to a rich source of local history and environmental knowledge. An ideal place for a relaxing walk or to simply enjoy the North Shoreâ€™s beautiful summer weather, you canÂ learn more about The Grove at their website.Â
I hope that many of you are able to get out and enjoy much of what the North Shore has to offer! Whether youâ€™re interested inÂ buying North Shore real estateÂ and moving to the area or youâ€™re a longtime resident, pleaseÂ contact meÂ with any questions. Iâ€™ve been aÂ North Shore RealtorÂ for many years and am always available to buyers and sellers throughout these fantastic communities.Â