Youâ€™ve heard it from real estate agents before. â€œThe Winter season is slow.â€ Or, â€œNo one is really buying or selling.â€ And even, â€œIâ€™ll get started in the New Year, itâ€™s a new start right?â€Â Wrong. The truth is, itâ€™s better to be ahead than behind.
Here are 11 reasons to have your home listed during the holidays:
11. By selling now, you may
have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when
many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you
to sell high and buy low.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
9. Even though your house will
be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during
the six or seven days around the Holidays.
8. January is traditionally the
month for employees to begin new jobs. SinceÂ transfersÂ cannot wait
until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to
capture the market.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
4. Houses may show better when decorated for the Holidays.
3. Since the supply of listings
will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for
your particular home. Less supply and more demand means more money for you.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
And the number one reason why your seller should list during the Holidays â€¦
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
*Information courtesy of the Keller Williams Greater Cleveland SW blog