Beginning Aug. 16th , CMS bus drivers will begin 5 days of practicing morning and afternoon routes to be ready for the first day of school on Aug. 25. Almost 1,100 school buses will be following their routes and making stops on Charlotte area roads from approximately 6 to 9 a.m. and again between 1:15 to 5 p.m. Please be careful and allow extra time to get to your destinations in the mornings and afternoons.
For full magnet middle and high schools in 2011-12, CMS will offer shuttle stops for parents to drop off and pick up their students at the assigned shuttle stop. Parents should check the location of their childâ€™s bus stop before school starts. Suggestions for parents and children include:
· Help your child walk to and from the bus stop to become familiar with it.
· Have your child at his/her stop 10 to 15 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
· Tell children to wait for the stop arm and hazard lights come on, then cross in front of the school bus.
· Remind children to tell the bus driver if something has dropped near the bus.
· Remind children to tell a school administrator or police officer about any disruptive behavior or suspicious activity at stops.
Transportation information, including bus schedule, bus-stop locations, pick-up and drop-off times and bus route-numbers, is being mailed to families. Parents with questions about transportation or a bus stop should call the school or the Transportation office at 980-343-6715.
Parents can also fill out a transportation service request form online to request changes to their child's transportation schedule.