Home > Blogs > Highlands Ranch Real Estate Info
6,063 views

Highlands Ranch Real Estate Info

Dawn Tieken - Prestige Real Estate Agent

By Dawn Tieken | Agent in Denver, CO
  • Correct Placement Of Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors Is Crucial!!!

    Posted Under: Crime & Safety in Highlands Ranch  |  January 21, 2009 10:44 AM  |  5,311 views  |  3 comments

    You may have recently installed a Carbon Monoxide Detector in your home.  But home owners may mistakenly think they have created a safe environment by plugging the unit in to an outlet near their floor in a bedroom or upstairs hallway.
    According to Tom Quinlan of Quinlan Gas Fireplace - families are not safe when Carbon Monoxide Units are lower than seven inches from the ceiling!  According to this advice - plugging the unit in a typical outlet near the floor creates very little safe guard against Carbon Monoxide poisoning in your home.
    Instead, Mr. Quinlan recommends buying a battery operated unit and installing it in a main floor hallway about 6 inches from the ceiling.
    If you have already purchased a plug in Carbon Monoxide Detector - it makes sense to have a licensed electrician come to your home to install an outlet closer to the ceiling to use so your already purchased Carbon Monoxide Detector will be effective.
    For more information on keeping your home safe contact Dawn Tieken, Prestige Real Estate Group, www.MileHighAgent.com 720-339-8977, dawn@milehighagent.com

 
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer