My favorite boroughs in Bucks and Eastern Montgomery counties
1. Doylestown: The county seat of Bucks County, this is a great small town. It has fabulous museums (James Michener Art Museum, Mercer Museum, Civil War museum), great schools, fabulous downtown, restaurants, train station, even a Civil War monument at the town center. And I should also mention its great hospital.
2. Perkasie: Quiet small town in Upper Bucks. Affordable homes, good schools with affordable taxes, nice parks. A wonderful community.
3. Yardley: Scenic town along the Delaware River. A great community feel to this small town. Interesting downtown and good schools and a train station.
1. North Wales: There's a lot to like about this small town. The housing is affordable, taxes are low and the shcools are good. This small town also has a great community feel, with a neighborhood school and a library and a train station downtown that connects to Philadelphia and beyond. It is also close to shopping.
2. Hatboro: Shopping, housing, good schools, train station and a walkable downtown with numerous stores and restaurants are some of the best things about this borough. Taxes are a bit higher than in North Wales, however.
3. Ambler: This borough retains its small town feel with a prosperous downtown and shopping district that includes a restored movie theater and nice restaurants. Housing is affordable and the school district is a good one. Another berg with a train station. They sure make getting into Philadelphia a lot easier.