Home > Blogs > Cindy Vedder Real Estate Blog

Cindy Vedder Real Estate Blog

Let's Talk !

By Cindy Vedder | Agent in Riverside County, CA
  • What is Rate of Absorption and what does it mean to sellers??

    Posted Under: Home Buying in Riverside County, Home Selling in Riverside County, In My Neighborhood in Riverside County  |  August 16, 2012 8:26 PM  |  309 views  |  No comments

    What is Rate of Absorption and what does it mean to sellers?? “The absorption rate tells us how many months it would take to sell all the homes for sale in an area at the current rate they are selling. A normal, balanced market is typically in the 5-7 month range.  The higher the number, the more aggressive home sellers will have to be to get their home noticed and sold. The lower the number the higher the level of inventory shortage and the better the conditions are for sellers to enter the market.

    There is a greater need in the Riverside area for more sellers. Please call me if you have thought about selling your home and I'll be happy to answer your questions!

    Riverside Closed Sales:

    92501: 148

    92503: 533

    92504: 398

    92505: 253

    92506: 388

    92507: 190

    92508: 315

    92509: 431

     Total: 2656 as of 8-16-12

    Active Listings as of 8-16-12 in Riverside: 411

    Time Frame: 228 days

    Sold Home: 2656

    Active Listings: 411

    Rate of Homes Sold:  One home is sold every .00858 day; 354.13 per month

    Rate of Absorption:    1.16 months (411 available homes/354.13)

    We have a current supply of only 1.16 months of inventory. Should you sell now before the banks start releasing their backed up inventory?????

    Cindy Vedder - Find me on Facebook:


    Certified Agent: HAFA- CHS, SRES, SFR, ABR e-Pro, NAR, CAR, IVAOR, VVAR=Call me and I'll explain!



    Prudential California Realty

    DRE: 01169138

    My Housing Trends Newsletter

  • Billing for the $150 Fire Prevention Fee Starts on August 13, 2012

    Posted Under: Home Buying in Riverside County, In My Neighborhood in Riverside County  |  August 2, 2012 10:35 PM  |  260 views  |  No comments
    According to Kevin Sparks at the California State Board of Equalization (“BOE”), billing for the $150.00 fire prevention fee will begin on August 13, 2012.  Owners of California real property located in a state fire responsibility area / wildland fire zone (“SRA”) that have been assessed a fee of $150.00 per habitable structure should expect to receive a bill from the BOE before the end of this year.
    Sparks stated that “Billing will begin on August 13, 2012 and should be completed by December, 2012.”  He also stated that billing throughout the state will be conducted alphabetically by county, so property owners in Alameda County’s SRA will be the first to receive their fire prevention fee bills, and Yuba County property owners will be last to receive their bills.
    The Governor signed AB 29 of the First Extraordinary Session (“ABX1 29”) into law on July 7, 2011.  ABX1 29 imposes a $150.00 annual fire prevention fee per habitable structure for property owners in SRA.  SRA lands cover about 31 million acres in 56 counties, and include an estimated 1.1 million to 1.5 million individual parcels, and approximately 800,000 habitable structures.  Public Resources Code Section 4210 provides a legislative finding and declaration that the presence of structures within SRA can pose an increased risk of fire ignition and an increased potential for fire damage within the state’s wildlands and watersheds and that the costs of fire prevention activities should be borne by the owners of these structures.  The BOE is required to annually assess and collect the fee from property owners on behalf of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF) in accordance with the Fee Collection Procedures Law. CDF is responsible for providing the BOE with a list of property owners who are liable for the fire prevention fee and the amount to be assessed.
    For more information from the BOE, please click on this link:  http://www.boe.ca.gov/abx129.htm

    The notice of the fire prevention fee disclosure has been included in all Property I.D. Reports since the fee requirement was signed into law in July 2011. Property I.D. was the first and only NHD company that provided information on this new law since its inception.  This annual fire prevention fee will be imposed on all properties located in California’s SRA’s.

    Provided by: Lisa Caouette from Property I.D.


  • Where are all the SELLERS???????????????

    Posted Under: Market Conditions in Riverside County, Home Selling in Riverside County, In My Neighborhood in Riverside County  |  April 25, 2012 5:05 PM  |  319 views  |  No comments
    Dear Seller,

    Did you know we have a serious shortage of inventory and there are many, many buyers trying to get into a new home but cannot?  Since January, in Riverside CA. alone available inventory has dropped approximately 29%!! There are no replacement homes.

    So if you are sitting on the fence or are waiting for spring cleaning, or think that prices will change and you want to wait - please don't. Imagine the proceeds from your sale in your pocket now and let's get your home on the market. Wouldn't it be nice to have the opportunity to chose the best offer rather than showing and waiting and showing and waiting for an offer?  Now is a great time to get off the fence and take the leap.

    All sale types are welcome. If you are in a position of needing a short sale - we can help. I am certified with the National Association of Realtors as a short sale and foreclosure resource. This is the last year you can ask the bank to forgive your debt in a short sale and get it.

    Standard seller?????????  You can have so many offers you won't believe it. I'm serious. We need you. Let me help you get your home sold. I have buyers lined up that are simply waiting for their home to show on the market.

    Please email me at: Properties@CindyVedder.com or call: 951.231.8439. Get listed, Get Sold!!
  • Noisy Neighbors: How to Turn Down the Volume

    Posted Under: Entertainment & Nightlife in Riverside County, In My Neighborhood in Riverside County  |  March 30, 2012 2:44 PM  |  253 views  |  No comments

    Noisy Neighbors: How to Turn Down the Volume

    By: Sue Mellen

    Turn down the volume on noisy neighbors by politely ratcheting up the pressure on them to quiet down.

    Show your noisy neighbors how loud they are.

    Step one in your noisy neighbor silencing plan is to invite them over to hear firsthand what you hear. If the neighbors smile, nod, and ignore your verbal request, write them a polite note about the problem and keep a copy for yourself. This note and others that you’ll write will help prove your case if you have to take your complaint to court later on. But first…

    Tell the HOA how noisy your neighbor is.

    When they continue being noisy neighbors, take your complaint to the first rung on the local authority ladder.

    If you live in a home owners association, write the board or manager a note asking what your Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs) say about noise. Do the CC&Rs say second-floor unit owners have to carpet floors so you don’t have to listen to their clomping feet? Keep a copy of the note to the HOA and their response for your files.

    If the CC&Rs are silent about noise reduction, ask the board to mediate between you and your noisy neighbor, providing both a neutral ear and a venue for the discussion.

    If the HOA refuses to help, ask your neighbors if they’re having noise issues and if they’ll come to a board meeting with you. Or, run for the HOA board and work to pass noise-reduction rules.

    Ask the city to quiet your noisy neighbor.

    If the HOA route fails, or if you’re not in an HOA, turn to city noise ordinances. City hall can connect you with the noise cops in your town—probably planning and zoning in a small town, or environmental quality in a larger city. Write or call the appropriate group, asking that a noise control officer come out and measure exactly how much noise your noisy neighbor is making.

    If the noisy neighbor is loud enough, then the noise enforcement officer can issue a citation. You can also call the cops every time your neighbor gets too loud, which might create yet another citation, or at least a verbal warning to your neighbor.

    Keep a copy of that correspondence and notes about when you call the cops, as well as times your noisy neighbor disturbed you, but you didn’t call the cops.

    Sue your noisy neighbor

    If you’re determined to make noisy neighbors shut up already, and none of those civil options has worked, you can sue them in small claims court. You don’t need a lawyer, but you will need detailed records of all the things you’ve tried to silence your noisy neighbor:

    • Copies of letters you sent the noisy neighbor, the HOA, and the city
    • A list of times the noisy neighbor has been noisy
    • Videos of the noisy neighbor’s dog barking at 2 a.m.
    • Copies of citations, if you can get them

    Such items show how hard you’ve worked to solve the problem before turning to the courts. Judges like people who’ve tried nicely and politely to solve their own problems.

    Small claims court is a lot like the Judge Judy show on television. You ask for compensation because your noisy neighbor is disturbing the peaceful enjoyment of your home. Your noisy neighbors, if they show up, argue that you’re a crank. You whip out your paperwork and other evidence to prove your side of the story and, hopefully, win.

    If your HOA and your town blow you off, and you don’t want to go to court, you still have three options left:

    • Live with it.
    • Move. No doubt, you’ll check the soundproofing before you buy your next home, right?
    • Soundproof. You’ll probably end up creating pockets of air to channel the sound away and adding sound-absorbing materials in the walls. An accoustical consultant can help you figure out what will and won’t work in your home.
  • Are you looking for a job?

    Posted Under: Quality of Life in Riverside County, In My Neighborhood in Riverside County, Moving in Riverside County  |  November 5, 2011 8:07 AM  |  794 views  |  No comments
    Unfortunately many people are still unemployed, even though they do not want to be!

    Here is a list of jobs available with the City of Riverside. Good Luck to you!

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer