My first installment featured zoos and nature centers across Westchester County NY. This installment focuses on New York City and the boroughs within. There is hope for finding peace, nature, and beauty amidst the day to day craziness of the City.
1) American Museum of Natural History - Butterfly Conservatory - Central Park West at 79th St - 212.769.5100 or amnh.org, open daily from 10am-5pm through June 22 - Admission $27; 22 for seniors and students, $16 for children 2-12.
2) Central Park Zoo - 64th St and Fifth Ave - 212.439.6500 or centralparkzoo.com - open Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, weekends & holidays 10am-5:30pm. Admission is $12; $9 for seniors and $7 for children ages 3-12, under three are FREE.
3) The Cloisters Museum and Gardens - 99 Margaret Corbin Drive, Fort Tryon Park - 212.923.3700 or met museum.org/cloisters - open daily (March-October) from 9:30am-5:15pm - admission (suggested) is $25; $17 for seniors and $12 for students, FREE for children under 12.
4) Conservatory Garden in Central Park - Fifth Ave and 105th St - centralparknyc.org - Open daily 8am-Dusk, Admission is FREE.
1) Bronx Zoo - 2300 Southern Blvd, Bronx - 718.367.1010 or bronxzoo.com - Open (through Nov 2) Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, 10am-5:30 weekends and holidays. Admission is $16.95; $14.95 for seniors; $12.95 ages 3-12. FREE for children under 3 and pay what you wish on Wednesdays.
1) Brooklyn Botanic Garden - 990 Washington Ave, Crown Heights - 718.623.7200 or bbg.org. Open Tues-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat Sun Mon & Holidays 10am-6pm. Admission is $10; $5 for seniors and students, FREE for children under 12. FREE for all on Tuesday all day and Saturday 10am-noon (except during special events).
2) Prospect Park Zoo - 450 Flatbush Ave, Prospect Hts. 718.399.7339 or prospectparkzoo.com - Open Through Nov 2, Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, weekends and holidays 10am-5:30pm. Admission is $8; $6 for seniors; $5 for children 3-12 and FREE for children under 3.
Christopher Pagli - www.WestchesterCountyRealEstateMarket.com
Accredited Buyer Representative
Real Estate Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group