Stillwater, MN is the county seat of Washington County and is a nice 20-25 minute commute from Saint Paul. Situated within the St. Croix River bluffs, Stillwater, MN is commonly referred to as Minnesota's birthplace. While a popular day-trip destination to enjoy its historic features, there has also been a fair amount of new construction growth on the outskirts of the city in recent decades. Whether you are searching for an newer home or old, Stillwater is a great place to consider home. If you want to learn more about buying Stillwater please email or give me a call to start looking at homes!
1) Get preapproved for your first time home buyers loan first! I have met far too many first time buyers who find their home before they get prequalified for a home loan. It can be a painful experience to go through the work of finding the ideal home only to find out you are not yet ready to qualify for a home loan. You can get preapproved with my preferred MN mortgage lender even during the evenings or on weekends, and generally right over the phone. There is no cost for the service and absolutley no obligation so why not start the process immediately?
2) Get educated about the whole process of buying a home. You can learn a great deal at a first time home buyer seminar or at a Home Stretch Worshop available through many communities around the Twin Cities. There is so much to know about the process that it is well worth it to learn as much about it as you canâ€¦and as early as you can.
3) Get a home inspection on the house you are planning to buy. While a home inspection is not required it can reveal major potential problems in the house before you are fully committed to the purchase. I will help you negotiate a transaction with a contingency upon a professional home inspection that is satisfactory to you so that if it comes back bad, you can back out of the transaction. Some first time buyers will skip buying the house inspection because of the $300 to $500 cost of the inspection. I think the cost of the inspection is a great value when compared to making a purchase of a home that later reveals multiple problems.
4) Take good care of your credit after mortgage preapproval. After you have received your preapproval for mortgage financing your lender still might need to check your credit again. Make your payments on time and do not open up any new credit. Additionally, avoid additional credit inquiries after your preapproval application to avoid potential problems with your credit score.
5) Don't spend your down payment money prior to loan closing. Your MN mortgage banker will give you a good faith estimate at loan application showing how much money you will need at closing. Just save your money so that you're not caught in a bind on the day of closing.
For many MN first time buyers the intimidating question is where do I start? Your very first step towards buying your first home is to get preapproved for a mortgage. By doing so you find out how much you are qualified for so that we can research homes in a comfortable price range.
Sales Executive, Licensed Realtor in Minnesota
Woodbury, MN 55125
With a focus on Woodbury real estate and surrounding communities.