Here's some quick tips for you to help you not get stuck owning a house you want to sell:
1. Get a Deal when you buy.Â Research the type of you home you want and houses are going for in that neighborhood.
2. Refinance your home and get a better interest rate.Â This will decrease the amount of interest you pay.
3. Aggressively pay down your mortgage!Â Â The less you owe, the more options you will have in marketing your home for sale down the road.
4. Sell your home on a Contract for Deed or Rent to Own.
5. Think about your home as a long-term investment and rent out your home until you can sell it at a price you feel comfortable about
6. Sounds obvious, but don't put more money into your home than it's worth!