1. Create a welcoming entrance.Â Make sure your front door is clean, polish the hardware (or replace it if necessary) and repaint the door if it is in poor shape.Â Finally, add a new doormat, update your mailbox, and place attractive greenery or flowers on either side of the door.
2. Remove clutter and put it in storage.Â Box up anything you wonâ€™t use in the next few months (including holiday decorations, seasonal closthing or sports equipment, old toys, etc.) and send it to a storage faclility.
3. Replace outdated window treatments with simple white miniblinds or wood blinds cut-to-measure at a home center.Â This is a fairly simple fix that can refresh your rooms in just one weekend.
4. Update your storage space with closet systems so the closet looks organized, not cluttered.
5. Have wood floors professionally cleaned and polished.Â If you have worn, dirty or badly colered carpeting with wood underneath, tear out and expose the wood.