When selling your home, the best thing you can do is stage it for prospective buyers. Staging is simply preparing your home in a way that creates buyer interest, and it can make a dramatic difference in the selling price and the speed of sale. Try these quick staging tips:
· Make the exterior of our home welcoming by staining or painting your front door and cleaning the windows inside and out so they sparkle.
· Remove stored items from your garage to make it look spacious and organized.
· Make sure your home is infused with light. Take advantage of sunlight by opening your drapes. If showing in the evening or on over-cast days, turn on lights in every room.
· Brighten the interior of your home with fresh, light-toned paint.
· Clean and organize kitchen cabinets, drawers and pantries. Remove any clutter from countertops. You may want to bake a pie or cookies before a showing to make your home smell inviting.
Of course, this works for both selling your home or even if you are planning on renting it out.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concern regarding any real estate issue.
Brian Ripp, CRS, GRI, Broker – your Bay Area Realtor
www.BrianRipp.com serving Fremont, Newark, Union City & surrounding communities. Real Estate & Property Management.
Real Estate Market Weekly Update Webcast: http://realtytimes.com/REUv/BrianRipp