Palm Beach County stretches along Floridaâ€™s Southeast coast from Jupiter to Boca Raton. There are plenty of activities throughout the area including golf, tennis, shopping, boating, fishing, sunbathing, visiting museums, and, of course, spending time on one of the areaâ€™s beautiful beaches.
Dozens of Palm Beach Countyâ€™s best active adult communities can be found in its more southern coastal towns including Boynton Beach, Delray and Lake Worth. Here are six active adult communities that are well worth a second look:
1. Venetian Isles â€“ Located in Boynton Beach, Venetian Isles is a stunning active adult community featuring 1,060 homes built by Lennar, Centex Homes and Westbrooke. The 26,000 square foot community clubhouse includes a wide range of popular amenities, such as a state-of-the-art fitness center, an outdoor resistance pool, sports courts and a putting green.
2. Valencia Reserve â€“ When GL Homes built their seventh community, Valencia Reserve, they created one of the finest active adult communities in south Florida. This Boynton Beach community offers a wide range of amenities and social activities, most of which will be planned around the 41,000 square foot clubhouse. Upon completion, Valencia Reserve will feature 1,100 single-family homes, each designed with the needs of active adults in mind.
3. Avalon Estates â€“ Those who love the Boynton Beach area but prefer a more intimate community, would do well to consider Avalon Estates. This lovely Mediterranean-style community features 365 homes built by Northstar Homes and Engle Homes. Though it is smaller in size, Avalon Estates offers many of the same resort-style amenities found in larger active adult communities.
4. Valencia Falls â€“ Built by GL Homes, Valencia Falls is located just north of Boca Raton in beautiful Delray Beach. The spectacular guard-gated community is only 15 minutes from the beach, yet its many amenities offer plenty of activities without leaving the grounds. Valencia Fallsâ€™ fabulous amenities include a 25,000 square foot clubhouse, a beautiful resort-style outdoor pool area, sports courts, a fishing lake and a putting green.
5. Bellaggio â€“ Prospective homeowners will appreciate the Italian-flair displayed throughout the Bellaggio community. In addition to its various amenities, this impressive community features 1,099 Mediterranean-style homes built by Ansca and Levitt & Sons. This stunning community is located in Lake Worth, just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, but it is also surrounded by scenic lakes, ponds and lagoons. Which means that seventy percent of the homes in Bellaggio offer beautiful water views.
6. Valencia Shores â€“ With 1,143 single-family homes, Valencia Shores is one of the largest active adult communities in Palm Beach County. This beautiful Lake Worth community was built by GL Homes and features many impressive amenities. There are two spacious clubhouses, multiple outdoor swimming pools, sports courts, private massage rooms, fishing lakes, a cafe, a beauty salon and much more. With so many amenities and social clubs, Valencia Shores is well-equipped to support even the most active of active adult lifestyles.
This article originally appeared onÂ 55Places.com. For more articles like this or for information about hundreds of 55+ active adult retirement communitiesÂ across the country, please visit 55Places.com.
Click the links below
to follow 55Places.com