Here is the private, secluded one of a kind retreat you are looking for.
Amazing private property with every feature you can imagine. The owners have done all the work, all you need to do is pack your belongings and move in.
Spend summer enjoying the deck that runs the full length of the back of the house with it's hot tub and leads to the lap pool with play area. The backdrop is the jaw dropping views of the Mohonk Mountains.
The home was designed to bring the outside in from the mountain views in the back to the gardens in the front.
The interior is thoughtfully designed with ease of living and an open layout. The home begs for entertaining and group gatherings. The kitchen opens to the breakfast nook and the expansive great room with a pellet stove. From the garage enter the home through a large cloak/mud room with loads of storage for pantry items. The home office, livingroom with exquisite stone fireplace and formal diningroom with builtins and full bath complete the first floor.
The second floor has a wonderful flow. The Master suite has a bay window looking out to the mountains, a huge master bath with whirlpool tub and shower. There are 3-4 more bedrooms and one full bath. One of the bedrooms is currently used as an excerise room, laundry room and wardrobe room.
The full basement provides loads of storage and a saferoom with a regulation size indoorÂ shooting range.
To visit this home in a virtual tour go to: http://tour.circlepix.com/home/F9J9TL
Features of 1 Hudson Court New Paltz, New York
Beyond the Multi-million Dollar Views
Construction of house: owner built house
- 2 by 6 used for building.
- The well has a greater than 20 gallon per
- Archways expanded.
- Weathered oak from local saw mills for mantle
and stairs and stair treads.
- 2 layers of 5/8th plywood glue and
- Steel beams in basement.
- Poured concrete basement walls with no leaks.
- Secure (safe) room in basement.
- Brick chimney for the stone fireplace.
- Pool shed and tool shed.
- Cedar deck running the length of house
Features of the interior of the house:
- Central vacuum
- Central air conditioning
- Unfinished full basement
- New Marmoleum Floor-Natural linoleum is one of greenest
floors on the market. It's bio-based, highly durable, non-toxic,
anti-microbial and easy to maintain.
- Upright freezer
- New kitchen island with granite top, 2 burner
cook top and sink
- Up-lighting above cabinets
- Track lighting above kitchen sink
- Dining area with bay windows with a view of
- Wall mounted corner TV
- Full pantry and cloak room leading into
kitchen from 2 car garage
- A picture window featuring the morning sun.
Two windows bracketing fireplace with a southern exposure.
- Wood burning stone fireplace
- Solid oak mantle with Belgian block hearth
- Oak wood floors
- Custom built wet bar
- Access to kitchen and living room through
- French doors with view of mountain range
- 2 built in china closets with glass doors and
glass shelves and cabinets underneath
- Oak floors accented with tile entrance from
- Chandelier above 10 ft. massive oak custom
made dining room table
- 18â€™ by 26â€™
- Custom made shelves for entertainment center
- 2 French doors accented with tile entrances
- Pellet stove sitting on tile
- Custom made shelves on either side of pellet
- Oak floors
- New click flooring.
- Wrap around countertop with wood filing
- Custom made shelves.
- All digital hookups for phone and computer.
- Picture window overlooking front yard.
Bathrooms: 3 full baths: 2 upstairs and one down.
- New sink, new toilet, new vanity, new cabinets
and hardware in full bath with standing shower stall on first floor off of
- New sinks, new toilet, new hardware (faucets
and knobs) and new carpet in master bath and master closet.
- Whirlpool tub surrounded on all sides with
views of Mohonk Mt range in master bath.
- Installed fabric cellular shades with
top/bottom draw strings surrounding the whirlpool in the master bath for
privacy, while letting in the natural light.
- Wall mounted tv above whirlpool tub in master
- New shower door in master bath for standing
- Ceramic tile floor and ceramic countertop and
new carpet in master bath and master closet.
- Huge walk in closet off of master bath, new
- Large childrenâ€™s bathroom with 2 sinks, 2
vanity mirrors and cabinets.
- Combo Shower/tub with new doors in childrenâ€™s
- Ceramic floor and ceramic counter top in
- Big Bi-fold door closets in all bedrooms
- Custom made shelves
- Custom made TV and stereo shelves in master
- window dressings-Â installed fabric cellular shades in the
- New oak floors in master and childrenâ€™s
- Master bedroom has custom made built in
entertainment center with TV and stereo.
- Ceiling/light fan in master bedroom.
- 3 Â bay window
area in master bedroom for your mountain viewing pleasure
- New carpet
- 2 big bifold door closets
- Ceiling light with fan
All purpose room:
- Currently used as an exercise room with
massage table. It is Carpeted with custom made shelves. Treadmill, bike,
and massage table included.
- Previously used as childrenâ€™s computer and
- Utility Room with dryer and new washing
machine is off of the all purpose room upstairs.
- 16â€™by19â€™ room
- Currently used as his and her wardroom room
with morning sun and carpet.
- Custom made racks and shelves.
The exterior of the house and property:
- The house is made of beveled cedar siding.
- The roof is in excellent condition.
- The deck is cedar and runs the length of the
house facing the mountain range With multiple access to the pool and hot
- Sidewalk from the driveway to the front
entrance and to the kennel on the south side of the house.
- Front entrance of the house has a new awning
over the porch.
- A motorized retractable cloth deck patio
awning over the French door from the family room and extends to the edge
of the deck.
- The French door off the dining room has a
cloth deck patio awning over the porch.
- The 3 bay windows off of the kitchen each have
cloth deck patio awnings over the Porch.
- An in ground pool that is a 2 lane 25 meter
pool that has a 20â€™x20â€™ shallow end play area. Liner is a 2 yrs old. Pump
and filter, 2 clorinators (one liquid and one tablet), all automatic.
- The pump house is 9â€™ by 11â€™ and has electric
with a cement floor.
- A tool shed and wishing well are also built
out of cedar siding. The tool shed has electric with cement floor.
- Central vacuum
- Central air conditioning
- Unfinished full basement
- is off of the deck and has access to the pool
- There are 2 exterior 50 amp sub panels for
additional electric outlets.
- The front of the house and the south side are
bordered by decorative landscapers block.
- Rose garden on front lawn and a zen stone garden
- 2000 ft. paved driveway.
- Trees and distance offer privacy from the road
- The back yard offers panoramic views of the
mountain range and Mohonk tower.
Owners comments on the exterior of the house, when asked
about their favorite features.
- When swimming at night you can see every star
in the sky.
- Privacy, privacy, privacy.
- When the children were young, they and their
friends could camp in the back and front yards with complete safety. They
enjoyed the outdoors as if they were in total wilderness.
- A good place to have pets. They can run and
- Sitting on the deck, sitting in the whirlpool
or sitting on the bench in the yard
- Sipping wine and just taking in the view
during the day or looking at the stars at night.
What the owners enjoyed about the house:
- The flow, the spaciousness, the lines from to
room to room.
- No part of the house do you feel closed in,
very open, views from all sides of the house.
- Every room has its own personality.
- The closet space never ends.
- The pantry room leads from the garage to the
- A cross between â€œthrough the looking glassâ€
vacation home and a solid safe place to raise children.
- Easy access into the den/office that has a
great view of the front lawn where we can observe nature close at hand.
- The childrenâ€™s bathroom is split- toilet and
shower are in one room and sinks and vanities adjoining room for each
- 16 by 17 safe room with concrete walls and
solid steel door.
- I liked being in the kitchen because it has an
old world boarding house feeling to it not found in a modern houses and
where no one wants to leave.