There are many myths about listing your home for sale and having what we call an OPEN HOUSE.Â A lot of real estate agents will suggest if not asked to hold an open house when listing a home for sale.
In my experience an Open House allows the following:
* Someone driving around the neighborhood that day and seeing the sign to come take a look..what we call "open housers"
* Nosey neighbors the opportunity to see your home and the price listed
* Buyers starting the home search process to look with no pressure
* Serious buyers the chance to look atÂ a house on their own time without their respected agent
* People who have already been in for a showing some extra time to look at the house
With all this in mind an Open House will get your agent to market the open house in newspaper ads, on the web, and other places that does helpÂ in promotion of your homeÂ toÂ the public.Â An Open House may not sell your home, but it never hurts to have more exposure in this market.