1.Â Plant an herb garden. Itâ€™s good to have a reminder around of where our food originates.
2. Switch all your lightbulbs to CFLs (or at least switch a few).
4. Switch one appliance to an energy efficient model (look for the â€œenergy starâ€ label).
Photo fromÂ Flip & Tumble
6. Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle, and stop buying plastic disposable bottles. Then watchÂ The Story of Bottled Water, a short movie about the bottled water phenomena.
7. Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot.
8. Turn off lights when you leave the room.
9. Donâ€™t turn on lights at all for as long as you can â€” open your curtains and enjoy natural light.
10. Drive the speed limit, and combine all your errands for the week in one trip.