Ready to make that move out to the suburbs?
Each town on the North Shore has it's own unique character and postive points. As a Highland Park realtor and resident, here are my top 6 reasons to choose to live in Highland Park, IL:
1) The lakefront. It's gorgeous. There's nothing like driving up Central or Laurel and seeing that endless blue water of Lake Michigan stretching out infront of you. Plus, it offers opportunities to swim, boat, fish, romp with your dog, or just spend a relaxing day on the beach!
2) Vibrant business districts. Highland Park has two distinct business districts - downtown Highland Park and the Ravinia neighborhood. Downtown HP offers multiple options for shopping, dining and recreation. Ravinia offers an smaller array of restaurants and shops, as well as a seasonal farmer's market. Plus, it's the home of...
3) Ravinia Festival. This unique, outdoor concert venue has been a Highland Park treasure for over 100 years. It's the absolute perfect way to spend a relaxing summer evening; picnic under the stars while listening to anything from the symphony to Sting.
4) Diverse and unique housing options. No cookie cutter houses or boring sub divisions here! You can live in anything from a 19th century Victorian to an historically significant Frank Lloyd Wright to a mid-century modern to new construction! So many options - there are sizes, styles and prices of homes to suit everyone's taste!
5) Award-winning schools. In 2011, two Highland Park schools ranked among the top 20 Illinois elementary schools: Braeside came in at number 7 and Ravinia at 18. Highland Park High School is currently ranked 15th in the state. (All information from ChicagoSunTimes.com)
6) An incredible park district. From adorable classes to the most curious of pre-schoolers to summer camp for kids of all ages to adult activities, the Highland Park Park District offers an incredibly impressive array of options to suit just about anyone! There's also an outdoor water park, fabulous recreation center and health club, golf courses, and dozens of parks to enjoy.
There's so much more to love about Highland Park, IL -- it's a wonderful community to be a part of. Check out Highland Park's website and Facebook page for more info. For information on Highland Park, IL real estate, contact me at Stephanie.Hofman@cbexchange.com or 847-652-1902.
This post is categorized under Highland Park Happenings, designed to give information about important, worthwhile and fun things going on around Highland Park! For information on North Shore real estate, contact me at 847-652-1902 or Stephanie.Hofman@cbexchange.com. Thanks for reading my blog!