The Holiday Marketing Analysis
1. Supply and Demand. You’ll be in a more competitive position because there are many first-time home buyers who are currently trying to buy within the next few months so that they can settle before December 1, 2009 to take advantage of the $8,000 tax credit. As a result, your home could sell quicker and for a higher price (depends on locations).
2. Waiting time. Everyone else waits until after the Summer, and so by listing now you avoid getting “lost in the shuffle.”
3. Busy time. Everyone is “busier” at this time of year, vacationing, spending time with the family, so only the really serious buyers are shopping, including out-of-town transferees, often times the “most qualified now” buyer.
4. Home for the Holidays. The excitement and decorations of the Holidays is a selling point. Homes decorated for the season project warmth to buyers, causing them to “mentally move in.” Buyers pay more for a home than a house.
5. Void time. If you sell now, you can take advantage of void time, when most of the people needed to close a sale are available; that way you can get all the preliminary processing out of the way.
6. Fewer fall-throughs. The best agents are still working now, and the best agents are more likely to have the most qualified buyers, and are the best prepared to smoothly close a sale.
7. Schedule Sensitivity. Buyers are more sensitive to the time of year, so appointments will be more conveniently scheduled. Having more daylight allows Buyer’s more time to see your property in its best condition.
8. Positioning. Selling before the Fall positions you to be able to buy earlier in a busy market, when inventories are traditionally higher and you have more to choose from. This could save you money when you buy.
9. Protection. Selling now enables you to avoid contingencies and lengthy delays when you buy, saving money and processing time.
10. Financial Analysis. Rates may go up, and tax advantages may go down after the first of the year. They might not, but they could, and if they do…?
How much could all of these added together be worth to you?
If you or anyone you know are looking to buy or sell their homes, or just simply have any questions at all, please feel free to email or call me.
Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to working with you soon!
CENTURY 21 Advantage Gold
2010 Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Business: (215) 465-1400, ext. 508
Fax: (215) 336-7793
Mobile: (267) 918-1880