Six Factors Necessary To Get Your Property Sold...
1. Setting the right price.In today's competitive real estate market, buyers have access to more information than ever before. You have one chance to make a good first impression. In determining your asking price you should calculate the average sales price to list price ratio in your neighborhood. If you're serious about selling your house on your own, you may want to offer a buyer a price incentive. After all, the buyer you're looking for isn't using a broker, either. National statistics indicate that For-Sale-By-Owners usually wind up with about 9% less than what they could have gotten by using a broker.
2. Create your marketing plan.An ad in the paper, a sign in the front yard, and word of mouth are good places to start -- but where do you go from there? The more qualified buyers to whom you expose your property, the higher the odds of finding a buyer that's willing to pay your price. I invite you to take a look at my marketing plan and learn some strategies that may help you get your home sold.
3. Preparing your product.Many factors come into play in preparing your property for showing. I'll be happy to give you my secrets for properly preparing your home for showing.
4. Four questions to ask every caller:(1) Are you pre-qualified? (2) What's the name and phone number of the person who pre-qualified you? (3) How much did you pre-qualify for? (4) What's your possession deadline? You have to separate lookers from buyers. You don't want to wind up entering into an agreement with somebody that down the road doesn't qualify to buy your property. I'll be happy to put you in touch with my lender to help you pre-qualify your callers.
5. Properly presenting your property.Don't get emotional. When I'm showing properties to buyers, I don't even want the sellers there, because buyers are less likely to express their true feelings. I invite you to call me today and I'll share with you my strategies on presenting your property professionally.
6. Negotiating the sale.It's a fact, even in a seller's market, over 90% of the properties sold, sell for something less than the asking price. Prepare yourself for offers less than your asking price. Don't get emotional. After all, one of the main reasons a buyer is shopping For-Sale-By-Owners is to try to get a better price. They know you're not paying a commission. Be prepared, and present evidence proving the value of your property. A third party negotiator can literally save you thousands in negotiating the sale of your property.
What's most important to you in the sale of your property? If it's putting the most amount of money in your pocket that you possibly can, I invite you to contact me directly.
Century 21 Prevete Bastone
If your house is currently listed this is not intended as a solicitation. An Equal Housing Opportunity Broker.Â