I live in a medium sized city in Northern California calledÂ Santa Rosa.Â Santa Rosa is the county seat of Sonoma County which is know for producing world class wines.Â Napa county and Sonoma County are jointly known asÂ "The Wine Country".Â
Santa Rosa has about 150,000 people and is almost perfectly divided by two highways that intersect in the center of town, dividing Santa Rosa into four almost equal quarters.Â US 101 which travels north and south andÂ divides the town into East and West Santa Rosa.Â Hwy 12, which runs east to west divides the town into North and South.Â
North East Santa Rosa has a number of established neighborhoods; Fountaingrove, Hidden Valley, Junior College, Proctor Terrace,Â Montgomery Village, Oakmont, and Rincon Valley.Â
Rincon Valley, which is part of the 95409 zip codeÂ has aboutÂ 25,000 residents living in about 12,000Â homes and/or apartments.Â Rincon Valley is approx. 42Â sq. miles, andÂ sits between 2 ranges of hills andÂ is made up of mostly older homes.Â If you had to describe an average home, it would be a 1970's single level ranch style home on a 6000 sq ft lot although there is quite a variety of homes, newer and older.Â Currently, the average priced home for saleÂ is about $350,000.
The average age isÂ 45 years old, and the population isÂ approx. 80% Caucasian withÂ black, Asian, and Hispanic making up the other 20%.Â The average income is approx. $59,000, slightlyÂ lower than the state average.Â This paragraph was written for statistical purposes only. Information was obtained from City-data and can be found at http://www.city-data.com/zips/95409.html.
One of the nice things about Rincon Valley is that the businesses are smaller, and mostly family owned.Â There are no big "box stores".Â I believe the largest "chain" store is Safeway in the Saint Francis Shopping Center.Â Rincon Valley is serviced by two small to medium sized shopping centers, Saint Francis & Monticeto.Â In each, the anchor tenant is the supermarket.Â BothÂ are full of the usual businesses, barbers, hardware, ice cream, pizza, cleaners, etc.Â ThereÂ are quaint, local services such as the Rincon Valley Feed store, Rincon ValleyÂ Yard and Garden, Rincon Cyclery, Oliver'sÂ Market, SkyHawk Market, and much more.Â
Most of the elementary schools are highly thought of, Austin Creek, Madrone, Whited, Sequioa, and Binkley.Â The high school, Maria Carrillo, is only a few years old and sits on the outskirts of Rincon Valley with beautiful views of the surrounding hills. There are a number of private elementary, charter and high schools.
Rincon Valley is a beautiful place to live. It offers most services a person would wantÂ with a small town atmosphere.Â
There are so many things to do in Rincon Valley and the Wine Country.Â Go to my web page to view a calendar of eventsÂ www.StFrancisProperty.com/EventCalendar
Jim Cheney, Broker "Your Rincon Valley Realtor"
Serving Rincon Valley's real estate and property needs
Rincon Valley, Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, CA