1. Hire a home inspector to look for small problems that could morph into something much bigger down the line, such as a termite infestation or a water leak. Be warned, however. I have had sellers hire their ownÂ home inspector, and then haveÂ the buyer's inspector find different issues...
2. Freshen a room with a new paint color.
3. Install a programmable thermostat to save money on heating bills.
4. Plant some trees. Landscaping improvements in the form of large shade trees make homes more desirable. They can also cut your cooling costs up to 40%.
5. Improve your homeâ€™s air quality by replacing old carpeting. If you are lucky enough to have hardwood flooring underneath, just refinish floors and enjoy.
For more ideas about increasing your homeâ€™s value for potential sale, contact Jane Neilson at Pinnacle Houses: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-223-7338.