[-] Hide Details
Do you believe technology can change the world and the way we live? Are you always checking out your smartphone for cool, disruptive apps that make our lives easier? Have you or any of your friends ever found renting a place easy, enjoyable, and fun? Where we live is one of our most important decisions, yet looking for a place to rent is one of the most painful experiences. This is about to change!
Trulia's Rentals team is a fast growing group of passionate people with a giant vision on how to disrupt the massive rental market ($2Bn in the US only). We are funded by one of the most beloved brands in real estate: Trulia. We are highly consumer-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. We are collaborative, fun, and quirky. We mean business and already have millions of very engaged users. We make money. We are looking for unbelievably talented rock stars to join us for the experience of a lifetime.
Product Leaders demonstrate great technical depth, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar, and a mentality of starting with the customer and working backwards. You combine business objectives with insight into user problems we are uniquely suited to solve. The result: well-articulated product concepts, formulated with clear goals and benefits. You bring together engineers, designers, and departments from around the company to ensure that our products are useful, delightful, and timely. And when a product ships, you pop the champagne! Sound like you? Read on… WHAT YOU’LL DO:
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Internalize and distill vision and strategy for the team and get everyone excited.
- Build and lead a team that will consistently deliver innovative, delightful, and timely consumer products.
- Solicit and embrace critical feedback. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction.
- Drive cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Drive innovation, roadmap, and design of entirely new products, as well as make everyone dream big and funnel that energy into concret products and execution plans.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product.
- A computer science or design undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer mobile/internet products. Mobile experience is required.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Proven track record of building and leading exceptional teams.
- “Driver” personality - biased toward action and great collaborator, constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional design instincts and product taste.
- Stellar ability to understand what users want and what their challenges are, whether they're a CMO or a field sales rep.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Consumer-centricity - examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the products you build. We’re not just another social web app.
- The even rarer opportunity to join the Rentals team very early and shape its strategic direction.
- Access to an amazing list of advisors and investors who are actively engaged.